It is a common misconception that the only thing a virtual sales rep needs to do is to answer customer questions and close deals.
While this is undoubtedly an important part of the job, you should also look for ways to improve your overall productivity by eliminating low-value tasks that someone else could easily do.
But before eliminating those tasks, we should deeper understand virtual selling and why it’s essential to eliminate low-value tasks.
What is Virtual Selling?
Virtual selling is a type of sale that can be done without having face-to-face contact with the customer. It can be used in place of traditional sales or as an addition to it. Virtual selling can take many forms, including email and chat conversations, live video calls, recorded videos, and even social media interactions.
The advantage of virtual selling is that it allows you to reach a wider audience, including those who cannot make it into your office. It also allows you to sell products and services that cannot be physically delivered or seen by the customer.
In order to succeed in this type of sales paradigm, you should possess the following skillset:
- Generate Leads – virtual selling is all about generating leads. You need to be able to find people who are interested in your product and then qualify them based on how likely they are to buy from you.
- Building Rapport With Buyers – to sell effectively over the phone, you need solid communication skills and a genuine interest in what your customer is saying.
- Cold/Warm Calling – this is where you have to reach out to people who don’t know you and try to convince them that they need what you’re selling.
- Negotiating – means knowing how much your product or service is worth and what price is reasonable for both parties involved.
- Closing Deals – closing doesn’t just mean making a sale but also ensuring that both parties are satisfied with what they have agreed on.
4 Virtual Selling Tasks That You Should Get Rid Off
If you want to succeed in selling, you need to be aware of the things that will hold you back. Having someone who can manage these tasks, like a virtual assistant, is a great way to free up time and energy for more important things, like selling.
Here are five virtual selling tasks that you should get rid of and start delegating to your virtual assistant:
- Doing the Presentations: You can delegate this task to your virtual assistant by giving them an outline of what you want to say and letting them take care of the rest.
- Booking the Meeting: You can delegate this to your virtual assistant, who will also be able to find out more about the person you’re meeting with so that you have a better idea of what they want and how best to approach them.
- Taking Minutes: You shouldn’t be taking notes during the meeting or trying to remember what happened in it.
- Doing the Follow-Ups: Your virtual assistant is the perfect person to do this for you. They can send a quick email after the meeting to make sure that your prospect understood everything that was discussed, and they can also follow up with any action items that came out of it.
Virtual sales are more than just answering customer questions and closing deals. It’s about being efficient, effective, and productive at your job. There is no harm in delegating these tasks to someone that can assist you in the process. Your virtual assistant can help you close more sales, increase revenue, and be more successful overall.
Are you planning to hire affordable virtual assistants online to help you with your sales? If you want to learn more about virtual assistants’ benefits, check out our services for more information.